Autonomous Vehicles for Transportation Professionals
Kód kurzu: PD732004
Tato část není lokalizována
Looking for a solution that will provide a deeper understanding of the autonomous vehicle (AV) space for your employees? Hoping to offer training as a value add for employee retention? Need a flexible option online that can be taken anywhere, anytime? SAE’s Autonomous Vehicles for Transportation Professionals is the answer.
The instructor, Dr. Rahul Razdan, is a leading authority in the field with extensive background in computing from his work at Carnegie-Mellon and Harvard Universities. He has written extensively on these topics at SAE with the landmark SAE Edge reports and on his Forbes transportation column. In the course, he walks through the current automotive ecosystem $2T marketplace in which autonomous vehicles (AV) will make a disruptive impact.
Fundamentally new technologies are being introduced that are not familiar to most professionals. Due to the large incremental shift that’s occurring, challenges and disruptions in the areas of public policy, regulations, safety, legal, and insurance frameworks are being debated, with pilot programs being implemented in some areas. It’s vitally important that all the relevant areas build an understanding of basic AV technology to comprehend, absorb, and manage the transitions.
SAE’s Autonomous Vehicles for Transportation Professionals online course addresses this knowledge gap. It provides a firm high-level framing of the technology mega-trends driving this technological change, the ways AV technologies intersect with the current transportation system, and the potential for disruptive change. The online format includes video and interactive elements, allowing participants to learn at their own pace through engaging instruction and guided activities.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on the current state of the technology and transportation industries, citing megatrends, the development of economy shaping technologies, and the introduction of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (MI), and Internet of Things (IOT).
- Define common AV terminology within the areas of perception, decision making, and action.
- Provide a high-level explanation for how AVs function by explaining how AVs perceive, avoid, and react to obstacles.
- Illustrate how the current automotive development process will be disrupted by AV technology and enhanced safety testing.
- Analyze the traditional automotive ecosystem by summarizing the current state and explaining the impact of new AV technology.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current AV technology by summarizing the strengths and weaknesses of each common technology.